Friday, October 2, 2009

Yet another GM Phone Disappointment

Today at 11:45 Larry Beckham from GM called and told me he had been in contact with the service manager at Cable/Dahmer and he was told that there was a TSB on my car for the NAV reboots and the a fix for the power-point as well. I asked him when the bulletin came out and he said he was not sure but the service manager told him that there was a fix. I told him that unless one came out in the past couple days I highly doubted that there was a fix. I even went so far as to say that I felt that the Service manager was lying to him if in fact is was for my vehicle. My basis being is I had talked to someone in the service department who got my hopes up on the same bulletin only to find that is was for a Traverse and not my vehicle. He assured me it was for my vehicle and he apologized but told me once again I would need to bring it in for service to apply the update. I told him that I suppose I would and that this would be the 5th time in for service and that we needed to discuss lemon lawing this vehicle. That was when he told me that vehicle replacement was not an option and the only option was to keep getting mine fixed until it was fixed and then discuss some compensation.

I asked him so I need to continue my option with the Missouri AG's office and send a letter to Chevrolet along with all the service records indicating how many times it has been in the shop and it has either not been fixed properly or not at all and that all of the problems indicated have been electrical in nature and constitute all part of the same component. He then told me that we needed to get my vehicle fixed and we needed to make an appointment at the dealership. I told him sure it will be just one more service ticket and I could then claim 5 trips in less than 2 months ownership in my letter to GM.

He then called Cable/Dahmer where I talked to John who asked me what was wrong with my vehicle. (Words can't describe the sense of frustration I was feeling when he said that.) I told him I wasn't exactly sure what they needed to do other than I was told there was a software update for my vehicle and it would fix my problems, Mr. Beckham then explained that there was a bulletin for my vehicle to John and I needed an appointment to fix it. He then told me to I could bring the vehicle in anytime between the hours of 7AM and 5PM. I asked how long it might take to fix it and he told me that they had loaners to give me if I didn't want to wait. I then asked for Justin my service advisor and was told he was out to lunch. I told John to have Justin to call me back when he got back and gave him my number and name to give to him. He said he would and then hung up.

Mr. Beckham then told me he would call me back on 10/6/09 between 3:30pm and 5:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment